Us at the first day of the 4th year pack-in=still having good attitudes
Julia eating her dinner in the tent so she wouldn't get attacked by bugs.
Us with other 4th year girls. Still trying to have good attitudes, but after freezing to death all night because we brought the crappiest sleeping bags in the world, we were rather sleep deprived.
Us the morning that we got to leave and go back to warm houses and mattresses. See our crazy glazed eyes from having two sleepless freezing nights. Even though the second night we had five people sleep in our tent with us. Note to everyone: don't bring a huge heavy tent. Bring the best sleeping bag money can buy. I would rather be under the stars than shoving all my clothes inside my fleece sleeping bag and wanting to die/dreaming someone actually brought me a blanket.
10 comments:
k. way to have cute hair & look so stinkin' cute at camp. seriously...both of you. and also, i'm proud of you for having good attitudes. definitely something i never had @ girls camp.
You make me LOL! I confess I have never been on a 4th year hike and alas, it is unlikely to change. I'm glad you started this blog. :)
Sis Dix
ha ha! you guys do look WAY cute at girl's camp! i hate being cold when i sleep! even during the summer i sleep in sweats just in case the fan and air conditioning together are too much for me to handle!
Ok well if you need someone to eat freezer jam and toast with please call me because that stuff seriously ROCKS! I love your happy attitude and just so you know you make me happy in this crazy times in our lives!
Hey Emily! {and sisters} I'm so glad you started a blog! I woulda found it sooner or later, but I'm glad you left a message! Thanks for taking Nicole up to EFY. I'm sure that was fun for all! Anyways, I was there last week when Nicole was getting a pedicure for EFY. Hmmm...much different than me at that age. They are such cute girls! And so cool. What was our problem in junior high, and high school? I loved reading your blog...it's totally you. Funny and sarcastic. I look forward to keeping tabs.
PS I'm making strawberry freezer jam today...it's my first time, and my mom really never made it...any tricks?
You guys look amazingly happy for 4th year! I vividly remember really thinking that I had hypothermia because I was so cold and I would have to chop some parts of my body off from my fourth year experience. If you need someone to eat freezer jam and bread with - call us up. Or if you run out of freezer jam call us because we are now using ours for glue, hair gel, and body wash- we still have so much.
OK. So I just told Nicole how you guys had a butterfly collection and how you caught the butterflies and put poison on them and then stuck them to a board. I remember I thought you were so cool that you knew the name of a pussycat swollowtail. Now everytime I see a yellow and black butterfly I think of your collection. Sorry so random.
PS- Nicole really like your hair.
Kevin
So, yes, as commented previously, you guys look cute, and at camp? Uncalled for, are you trying to lower my self esteem? Anyhow, yeah, I think everyone loves Julia. That one day I had her babysit, I didn't want to take her home, I considered stealing her, because she is hillarious. For example, we went through the taco bell drive through and there was a bucket in the tree. I said that it reminded me of an outside shower in the olden days. She replied that that made more sense than her thought of playing ghetto basketball with it and using it as a hoop. She just gets things. Then I just told everyone I talked to for the next week about how much fun she is and every word she said in every conversation.
Hey, I'm going to bring by some freezer jam in the next couple of days for you. My girls will be glad to get rid of some of it, so they don't have to keep using it instead of ketchup, salsa, and anything else reddish.
I know this is way after the fact, but you girls have really started something. It proves that you are naturally beautiful all the time and that is sort of unnatural. Beware, soon I will post some GREAT camp pictures. I think I have some fun ones from Strawberry camping too. I'm going to have to dig, but how fun! Love you, Aunt E
Post a Comment