Sunday, December 30, 2007

5th Grade Kid


So our mom used to call our dad a 5th grade kid sometimes when he would act inappropriately. This morning was one of those times. A scorpion ran across the counter and then stove while our dad was making his toast. Reidster stabbed said scorpion with the butter knife and then turned on the stove burner and gave it a little scorching. During this event, Julia and I were screaming as loud as possible, of course. Not classy. More trashy, Reid.

9 comments:

Kasey said...

I really think something needs to be done about those damn scorpians!

MeL said...

That is probably the funniest thing I have read all day. I love that he couldn't just stab or smash it, but that turning on the burner was also VERY necessary. LOL. I remember when my dad told me how jealous he was of the Reidster's blow torch that he would toast scorpions with on the back wall. Classy classy dads.

amanda p. said...

but root of the question.... WHY DO WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH SCORPIONS?! If a pest control man could guarantee to get rid of them I would seriously give him my first born child.

angiedunn said...

can you have a column in the newspaper please. you are hysterical. that's all.

Calliandra Rasmussen said...

hah ha...dearest reidster, everyone's gotta let lose every once in a while right?! Oh! ps julia, in your christmas post you are wearing the exacat same pair of pj pants that I was wearing that night! Ha ha. great minds think alike!

Em said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Sara! said...

So, why is it all busted up? Did the heat or the butter knife cause that? Amazing! BTW, I wouldn't be concerned about trashy, if it were a roach, then the trashiness comes into play, but then, Mike Rowe might come to your house to exterminate!

Emily Kikuchi said...

Thanks heaven Hawaii doesn't have scorpions! Seriously I don't know how you do it!

ForeverSarahLee said...

Eew!

Does the scorpion siting thing happen often?