Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Babes in Rapeland

So Laura and I ventured over to the terrifying side of AZ. That would be the west side aka Avondale. We had heard of an amazing place called Hobby Lobby or as I call it, Hoberto Loberto. So after chucking my spanish final at my teacher, we went to find it. Google maps lead us to the wrong place. If you look up Hobby Lobby, it will give you this as one of the locations:


Here's a close-up of the terrifyingness that is Gordon's Hobbies aka the first stop on Rape Lane.


Check out the ominous clouds in the background. Damn you google maps to hell. We could have had children with anonymous fathers thanks to you, jerks.

So we loved Hobby Lobby so much and were busy throwing huge rolls of wrapping paper that we may have not needed into the cart, we forgot to take pictures. Because you need to see this amazing place yourself. Not that my loyalty is wavering from Scrapbooks Etc. Hobby Lobby's scrapbooking section was pretty lame, but Michaels should maybe be scared. Like the felt section. They have every single color of felt you can imagine. And did I even need felt or soap crystals? No.

We rewarded our amazingness with Panda Express afterwards.

This is Laura before she passed out in a salt-induced coma. Please see evidence of her salt addiction below. She is the president of Salt Lovers Anonymous.

She may have asked the lady for another packet. Laura takes her sodium intake very seriously. Maybe a salt lick for Christmas would be an appropriate gift..

Me having anger at Panda's because I chose beef & broccoli for my other entree and I totally should have picked chicken with mushrooms. Idiot!!


In conclusion, we will be traveling back to this mecca on Friday aka payday for Laura. I think her husband hates Hoberto Loberto.

10 comments:

amanda p. said...

whoa Emilx a little too much teen angst...... blank google maps to blank?! I know I'm a mom so I have to say you're naughty... your future husband....somewhere out there.... would not be happy with language like that. :) (ok maybe I'm just furious at the two of you for going with out me.)

Alisse Baldwin said...

I thought for a second that was me posting because

1) I ALWAYS regret my choice of broccoli n beef over chicken n mushrooms.

and 2) ok, you're probably nothing like my fake self, but sometimes when I get dressed cute, I purposely take pictures to put on my blog. So, basically this shouldn't have been listed as why I thought it was me, because I'm not cute like you guys and you're not narcissistic either. Ok, I'm stopping now while I'm way behind.

Em said...

Can't wait to see what kind of project you come up with using felt and soap crystals. I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for that post!

Rebecca said...

I always regret my choice of chicken and mushrooms over broccoli and beef. I think they just opened a Hoberto Loberto here in SLC and surrounding environs.

Rebecca said...

I spoke too soon. There is a HL in Layton, Logan, and soon to So. Jordan. If you look on the map at the web site, it seems that only blue states do not have HL's. The red states all have them. I wonder if that is politically significantly.

Hmm.

MeL said...

OH MY GOSH. Were you so in love? Yeah, when Sara and I first went to Hobby Lobby, I called Philip after being there for like 10 minutes and asked if I could spend the entire allotment of birthday money for me right then and there. And I did. Plus some. But here's the thing...EVERYTHING I got was at least 50% off, so I could totally justify buying everything. And then perhaps I went back the following weekend with my mom, and spent more money, but not as much as the first time, and she spent lots. Basically I will go there every weekend when one comes to Greenfield and Baseline in December 2008. It will be a glorious day. I'm glad that Hobby Lobby didn't let you down and that you were pleasantly surprised at it's AMAZINGNESS!

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiousty, why do you call it "Rapeland" and "Rape Lane" ? I read your blog every once in a while and think you girls are hilarious! I'm a survivor of rape and your title got me a little scared for you at first. Good thing your title really doesn't have anything to do with your actual post.

Jamie said...

I am glad that you safely made it through, no thanks to blasted google. You crack me up! I have yet to venture to HL, I'll have to check it out!

angiedunn said...

i do think i need me a trip to HL soon.
i will make myron take me though because:

a. i don't drive to far places as a general rule, and b. i don't want to end up @ gordon's hobbies aka scary-ville.

the felt sounds amazing.

Sara! said...

So, I wonder what Gordon's hobbies are, and why bars are required on the windows.
But YES, isn't the real HL AMAZING??!!
FYI anyone who hasn't been and doesn't want to trust google maps, drive towards California, when you need to get gas, you're there. It's on the north side of the freeway.