Saturday, January 5, 2008

We're Back Together!!

So I was seriously seeing someone for a while and we decided to get back together. We're both really excited about it too. The last time I saw them, we were both living in Provo and hung out like every day. And a few days ago I found out that they had moved down to Mesa. I saw them last night and it was a very emotional moment. Who is this, do you ask??

Yes, the ghetto Circle K by my house now has my secret boyfriend. Redbox doesn't judge you if you rent She's the Man and Annapolis and Tristan and Isolde all at once. And it doesn't judge you if you rent She's the Man again the next day. It doesn't care if you come visit at 10 pm on a Friday night when you're bored. Because it is always waiting for you. It doesn't even care if you cheat on it with netflix occasionally as well. It is always waiting with open arms to take your debit card and charge it $1. Julia and I visited it late last night. And I wouldn't let her wait in the car because a creep was standing next to my secret boyfriend. So, with debit card in hand and crotch-kicking knee ready, we approached. And our relationship was just as it was before. I feel complete now.



13 comments:

happyfamily said...

That was a very funny post.
I love redbox too but lack the organizational skills to return my movies in a timely fashion. And I HATE being charged more than $1 at the redbox if I forget to bring it back.

happyfamily said...

That was a very funny post.
I love redbox too but lack the organizational skills to return my movies in a timely fashion. And I HATE being charged more than $1 at the redbox if I forget to bring it back.

Tammy said...

emmers...I waited for you..LOL

I just KNEW you weren't coming back..btw miss lesli came in to clean out her cupboard, and you missed it!

Emily Kikuchi said...

You are so hilarious! You got me so excited there for a minute that some serious romance was going to follow in your posts to come! Wish we had redbox! Actually I wish we had a lot of things- I think I would definitely start with Target and some kind of Mexican food besides the Taco Hell

Iliana said...

funny emily. until your blog i didn't realize how hillarious you are... I always just thought of you in terms of swimming in your back yard and huge boogers floating around and randomlying landing on someones face. love the post!

The Murrishes said...

Emily, I hate to be the one to tell you this. Don't kill the messenger...but Redbox is cheating on you with my brother Kyle. Yes, Mr. Box is playing for both teams! I know its hard to hear, and I probably should have called you instead of used an impersonal blog comment to break the news. Maybe you and Red need to have a DTR. (wow, there's an acronym I never expected to enter my brain again after leaving Proho)
Have a wodnerful day!

Rachsticle said...

i freaking heart shes the man

•stephanie• said...

redbox is a new concept for me. my husband, on the other hand, is having an affair with netflix. sometimes three red envelopes in the mailbox AT ONE TIME! go figure.

Em said...

Loved this post. I've never even heard of this Redbox before. Almost sounds red lightish. I'm going to miss you at work! I just looked at the schedule and saw that we don't work together anymore. Few tears! I guess we will just have to visit each other and blog stalk one another. Don't forget about me and our daughter!

HooHoo said...

Em = HILLLLLLLarious! It really is too bad that you couldn't see Jake's shirt. It was pink and blue striped and we all agreed that somehow it had come from Grandma Jones. I guess him wearing the white keds didn't help either.

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I hope you are down for this Thurs night!

Anonymous said...

emily, i miss you. like a lot! how's the scrapbook store? how's the remodel coming along? i need you to keep me in the know!!! this redbox thing sounds cool & i really like how you introduced it! ha ha!

Goodwoman said...

We have Redbox here too. I have never been so happy.