
So today I went to the library. I got there right when they opened, along with 30 wt people who were waiting to get in. I felt loser-ly. So I went in and got my big pile of intellectual books....... My pile looked like the one above - musty, thick, no pictures, etc. Right..... But what book have I constantly been made fun of today for reading? That's right, I busted out a little 5th grade reading level gem...

Correction, it's actually a 4th grade reading level. And I finished it in one day and it was really good, all right? Back off.
6 comments:
Musty and thick are highly over-rated. I'm glad you enjoyed a little light reading. :) And btw, I'm not much of a knitter but Holly can show you the ropes. I used to know....gaaaa.
Honey, I love that book!! Take it from a Librarian - the book won a medal for a reason. Enjoy it, my favorite book of all time "Mouse and the Motorcycle"!! See ya soon!
Read it, loved it, cried my eyes out. Don't you love Lois Lowry?!
Aw, takes me back to Mrs. Dobek's 4th grade classroom. She was an off-the-hizzle out loud reader. I was just thinking of her & that class the other day when I saw my nephew reading "Summer of the Monkeys." Also a great read. [In my opinion.] But I've never done musty & thick...so in the words of Lamar Burton, "don't take my word for it...."
Hey, reading is as essential as breathing! I'll even admit to reading the 'National Enquirer' now and then. In case you care, we have started a blog now. You guys were our inspiration! So far only one post, but we'll get there.
Elementary level Holocaust books are kind of the best. Weird but true.
Post a Comment