I would choose them every time. I love chickens!
Just three motherless girls trying to figure out how to cook, clean, and keep the garden of Eden backyard from dying.
Friday, December 5, 2008
My Little Lovies
Okay, confession time. Yes, we have 1 dog (our other dog Pal died. RIP Pal), 6 cats, numerous fish. But if you live at my house, you know who my favorite pets are...
I know, I thought I would have grown out of the chicken phase by now too. But I just love them too much! If I had a spot for them to come into the house at night to sleep, I would let them do it. Names: Ginger (light brown one), Cinnamon (other light brown one), Brownie (brown one in the back), and Seurat (black speckley one). They are my little lovies. I feed them leftovers out of the fridge all the time, give them old chips that I put water on so it would be soft, make them hot oatmeal when it is cold outside. We even trained them to bend down when you get close to them so you could pet them. Let's face it. If I had to choose between them and this varmint:

I would choose them every time. I love chickens!
I would choose them every time. I love chickens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HeHe! I never knew this about you! I think your chickens are cute, but would not own one myself. Hilarious!
You and andrea need to be BFFs.
We had a pet rooster when I was a kid. His same was Sam. He and my grandpa were best friends. We used to dig worms for him.
I love that you love chickens! I'm not sure how I feel about them... See I used to like them, but last year my grandpa had me go collect his eggs- it was kind of a scary experience. I mean when you go in their house, who knows what could happen. One could start flapping her wings creating dust and an excellent distraction whilst the others do who knows what...One example.
you forgot to share with our friends in the blogging world that when we were little you used to hypnotize the rooster. We didn't call you Ellie Mae for nothing!
Post a Comment