Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Greatest Fear

So, tonight, Julia found this in my bathroom while I was at work..


FYI, I am extremely scared of scorpions. Here are examples of my fear:

1. When I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I will put on my flip-flops to walk the ten steps to the bathroom. Not kidding. There is a pair of shoes right by my bed at all times. I will not step foot out of my bed without shoes on. I also check my bed every night to make sure there are no scorpions hiding.

2. Sometimes, I feel that I need "scorpion therapy." That means I get a butcher knife and a black light and go out to kill scorpions. Now, my neighbors probably know when I do this because I scream every time and whimper that this 1 inch insect is going to jump on my face.

3. So, once I picked up my opened library book from off the floor next to my bed, and there was a scorpion in it. Sorry, Bridget Jones' Diary, you have a smashed scorpion inside your pages. And I won't leave any books on the floor now.

4. For a while, after finding said scorpion, I would check every inch of my bedroom every night with a black light to make sure there were no scorpions in there.

5. I will never lay a wet towel on the floor because I know that is where scorpions like to hang out.

6. Why do you think I am the biggest advocate of keeping our chickens? Because I feel they protect me from scorpions.

7. I will never walk barefoot in my house either. It's hard to see scorpions on our carpet.

8. I want to put the bottom of my bed frame posts in jars because I heard that scorpions can't climb glass and I am afraid they are going to crawl into my bed.

9. My mom used to say that she would take all the scorpion stings for us so they would never sting us. Who is the new mom now? Yeah, me. Kill me now.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I hate these things also! They are so darn annoying. We used to joke with Candance because she kept getting stung by one at night, so we would tell her that she was sleeping with the enemy. HA HA HA. You should have those pest control boys come over and kill them, they LOVE it!

Erica said...

lol please put your bed legs in jars and take a picture. I am laughing just thinking of that extreme precaution.

Valerie said...

Scorpions are Satan's evil little toys!

Holl Doll said...

I am terribly sorry about your frightening encounter those little things that i imagine heck to be like. they are like the worst things ever!

The Fletchies said...

maybe you should put up a disclaimer about how the picture of the scorpions isn't in your bathroom because that wall is nasty and dirty and your bathroom is psycho-ishly clean.

Sara! said...

Hate me because of this: I have never seen a scorpion in my life except for in Grandpa Huber's bolo ties.

I think I'd make the chickens inside pets and stake two at your bedroom door and bathroom door as guards. Additionally I feel it would be appropriate to sleep in a chicken costume to scare them out of the bed.
That would be hot and itchy I know, but you've gotta do what it takes.

angiedunn said...

LOL to this post.
LOL to Saras comment.
Jones anything is laughter on a stick.

MeL said...

I would take scorpions over cockroaches any day. Um, about the fingerprint card... you can call and request a packet that has the information in it. I had to have mine by a deadline, but if you have a bit of time before you HAVE to have it, call the number, it will save you a trip to Phoenix. THen you can have your fingerprints done at any police dept, but since I was in Phoenix, bla bla bla, I was trying to get it all done in one day. So that's all. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'm practically the expert now. :)