Latest book:
So it is possible that I should read more in-depth books. Then whenever I go to a job interview next, I don't have to lie and say the last book I read was One Thousand Years of Solitude instead it really being about prehistoric sharks that are trapped in the Mariana Trench and somehow get out and eat tons and tons and tons of people. (It's called Meg. And I just finished it for the 2nd time. I heart sharks.)So Julia aka my clone and I found this book at one of our adventures to STD land aka the Mesa Public Library downtown Mesa branch. Julia read it first and said it was pretty good. She compared it to being almost as good as Ella Enchanted. No. Not at all. Here are the things I despise about books in no particular order:
- 1. When the author gets tired of writing and just slams the end of the book together and it had nothing to do with the rest of the book (see My Sister's Keeper).
- When a lot of the other books in a series are super sad/depressing/evil and then in the last book, the author ties it all up in a bow and makes it all happy ending and there are no loose ends (see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows).
- When the author leaves the end open because they want to write a crappy sequel to go with the already crappy book (see Just Ella).
The next book I will review is Dead Reckoning recommended by our mom. Our mom aka SJ loved pirates more than life and the young adult section at the library. She also thought she was going to get scurvy (where you don't get enough vitamin C in your diet like a lot of pirates didn't and you die) so she would always get lime in her Cokes from Sonic. Loves it.
5 comments:
seriously that is why our mom rocked. becuase she did ridiculous unfounded things like that. great call on reviewing books. consider me officially excited.
I couldn't be more excited about the book reviews! Seriously, I always need something good to read, and like your mom, I prefer the young adult section in the library. BTW, is there a WANTED poster up there for me? I owe them approximately $225,886,000 in fines. If only I'd pay, then the City of Mesa wouldn't be having such financial whoas.
Recently while at a Scholastic book fair, I determined if I'd buy something by comparing the price to the estimated amount of a fine I'd likely rack up. I pretty much bought everything.
Additionally, your mom is a genius. I think Coke with vitamins (also referred to as a "food") was spawned by her brainchild.
I knew deep in my bones that Diet Coke had health benefits. Sandra and I were truly twins seperated at birth.
I love this post, all of it.
I have a brilliant idea that may be overly ambitious; but I think we should start a blogging book club. I haven't worked out the details, but something like whoever wants to join, we all read the same book and post about it at a before-agreed upon date...or something. Or maybe start a whole new blog and we'll all be members.
This is sounding more and more stupid as I type.
I love the idea of a blogging book club. We could all participate and write about the books we just read. Erica, I don't know you, but you are brilliant. Work out the details.
Post a Comment