So, a lot of the time lately, I have been feeling like this. In order to make us feel better after family members go to heaven, we buy pets. Which sounds like a good idea at the time, but not so much right now. We currently have two dogs (Pal and Genevieve), four cats (Katarina, Mouse, Tarzan, and Jane), 5 kittens (Garbage, Sprinkles, Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus, and Snowball), Jane who is also about to explode with kittens, 5 chickens (Seurat, Ginger, Cinnamon, Brownie, and m.i.a. Armpit), a pond full of fish, and 5,000,000,000 scorpions that love to be harrassers. Incidents with pets that have only happened THIS WEEK:1. Tarzan moved her babies and herself into the back of my closet behind the skirts. Out of all the house, she chose there.
2. Where did Tarzan have said children? Think of the most awkward place you will ever have to clean up kitten juice???? Annie's bed while Annie was having her Sunday nap. Annie woke up and started yelling for Julia and they started freaking out.
3. Whenever I get ticked at Genevieve the dog, she passive aggressively gets back at me. Seriously, if any person who is lacking a seeing-eye dog or a dog servant, please contact us and you can have her. I got mad at her for chasing the chickens, (which Genevieve also learned how to open the chicken cage this week and lets them out every time I put them away) she pulled my hose out of whichever pot I was watering at the moment. ALWAYS. Or she will pull it out of a planter, little Satan dog.
4. I was once again instructing Genevieve not to chase the chickens and Tarzan started carrying her babies out the open door into the backyard.
Seriously, you wonder who is the boss around here. I, the zoo keeper, am definitely losing.
p.s. We will post pictures of the adorable kittens as soon as our dad gives us back the camera cord and little black box thingy. He took it on vacation with him conference weekend.
8 comments:
i am happy to report that as of 31 december 2007, we are {after 14 1/2 yrs} an animal-free residence, & will be from now until forever! except when amelia brings her annoying little dog over . . . oh, & the grandkids.
Lol to the max on this post. Just envisioning all of this makes me laugh hysterically.
Baby kittens are adorable. I'm excited to see your new additions.
Man, you do have a zoo over there. I have kids therefore as I have told Carter many a time We don't need a dog. He thinks otherwise. He can't even feed the fish without dumping the WHOLE can of fish food in there... Good luck with the zoo.
just do like we did, and "accidently leave your backyard gate open... sure you might feel a little guilty, but when you aren't cleaning up after the dog, or using your money to feed the animals that you will clean up after, you kinda start to feel really ok about it :)
poor emily. maybe you should give out early christmas treats to the people on our street. ten kittens plus two dogs, four cats, five chickens? I think we have enough to go around. one each.
i think you need to get those critters fixed!!
Did Armpit ever come back? See that is the problem with chickens- they aren't the "homing" type. I think one too many 'why did the chicken cross the road' jokes put her/him over the edge.
Is Annie in therapy yet for tramatic cat syndrome? It happened to me once and it scars.
Sick. I cannot believe Tarzan had the kittens on Annie's bed
Post a Comment