Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Tale of the Toe

Not for the faint of heart...... or pregnant...... or eating.....


So you may remember this picture that was posted on this blog. Well, do we have a picture that will beat the crap out of that picture...

Glad toe:
Sad toe:
Story: So a boy in my ward was selling his 36-inch tv for only $60! And seeing that my old tv screen was truly 5 inches big/no bigger than an ipod screen, I snatched that cheap tv up! So when I went to get it, the boy told me like 50 times that the reason he was selling it was because it was so heavy. I watched him grunt it into the back of my truck while I offered to call 911 when he got a hernia. So I took the thing home and decided that it looked pretty easy to get into my car and I only had to lift it 3 feet down to the ground to get it into the house. Well, what do you know, the boy didn't have super human strength, and it was really, really, really heavy. The next scene included severe swearing and crying because I dropped the tv exactly onto my big toe. And who was home? No one. My toenail popped off and was barf hanging by a tiny piece of skin. I ran into the house and was calling Amanda/hyperventilating while trying to decide what to do. I then decided, in my deluded situation, that someone would most likely immediately try to steal the 5,000 pound tv that was sitting in the middle of my driveway. I wrapped poor little toe in a towel and hobbled back there and dolly-ed it onto the porch. Idiot. Seriously. Then what did it do that night? Freaking monsooned on tv. Seriously, tv has had a really hard life. But....it still works and is being amazing in my bedroom. Yes, I did text the boy and informed him of the sad happenings of my toenail. And got no text back. In conclusion, listen to boys when they tell you someting is heavy. Because they may be telling the truth.

p.s. My toe isn't even broken - how amazing!
p.s.s. Dr. Jake Jones - opinions about how to help my toe heal/become normal again???

This may be how I feel about the whole situation.
Dwight: Depression? Isn’t that just a fancy word for feeling “bummed out”?
Michael: Dwight, you ignorant slut.

10 comments:

Sara! said...

I would have cried hard!

Toenails are something I obsess/stress over looking "normal."
The only things before it are:
1. dirty ears
2. bad eyebrows
Even root regrowth is after toenails.

On the upside, enjoy seeing Joel McHale and Mike Rowe in life size!

Rebecca said...

Another reason why television is bad for you.

Alisse Baldwin said...

I just threw up in my mouth.

OUCH!

Jenny Hogle said...

That first picture of the nasty toe looks like my dad's. Sad face. He dropped a trailer on his toe like a year and a half ago and that's what it looks like now. Dizgusting. But holy crap I would have cried and dropped a few curse words myself. I always have nightmares about my toenails or teeth just falling out for no reason. Emily if you need anything just let me know, icecream, QT, lunch, anything.

JJ said...

I thought it was funny that you stopped to take pictures of your toes! I would have also moved the TV myself!

Go GirlPower!!

Erica said...

Thanks for making me puke.

ps really liking the olympic party ideas. I like the Chinese food idea, and also the red white and blue idea. I'm getting pretty excited.

Jenny Hogle said...

Julia want to go to barnes and noble with me on Friday at around midnight? I need someone to go with.

Melanie said...

Ouch!! I am so sorry! I think hurting a toe is some of the worst pain ever. I hate just stubbing my toe bad. Seriously I am in pain for you!!

Leah Martineau said...

So I heard about this toe story and I must say that is one nasty looking toe!! Can you get a fake press on for that =) Well you are to funny and I check your blog out because you make me laugh!! PS Amanda was telling me about some cute Halloween banner sign, she said you already got kits and they were sold out. Next time I'll slip you a few ones if you grab stuff for me too =) PSS That is one of my favorite Office quotes, from the "Safety Training" episode,also one of my favorite episodes!! "You Braveheart!!"

Emily Kikuchi said...

Okay the toe is so nasty! I am so sorry! But on to more important things- how is the book? I haven't even bought it yet!