So, when you pull out your old flowers to put in your new ones, do you ever feel like you are breaking up with them? That the old flowers gave you everything they had and you just took and took and then ripped them out and threw them on the sidewalk? Sometimes I feel like plants have feelings. Don't mock me.
Observation #2:
On Friday, I went to get my teeth cleaned by this person. And I realized that I'm not a freak and lots of people have "meat pockets" in between their teeth. And she gave me a tongue scraper. I am obsessed with it. How did I live life without it? The dentist might have told me "Wow, you really know your way around a dentist chair." It's because I have approximately 3 teeth that don't have fillings. And 2 of them are my front 2. I know, I'm w.t.
This is my new favorite show. Goodbye, Office, Gossip Girl, anything else. This is now #1. It's How I Met Your Mother. And yet I have found no one else wherewith to share these feelings and quotes. I would date Frankenstein if he loved this show as much as I do. I will even tell tivo to not record Gossip Girl and to record the reruns of this. It is amazing. Watch it. I command you. Chuck Bass vs. older Doogie Howser? Doogie Howser wins it every time.
8 comments:
Um... I for one have watched How I Met Your Mother from the get go... love that show! Now Suit UP!
Really? That's the picture you wanted to put up of me? But yes, I got your text the other night and laughed, and you are indeed not alone with your meat spots! Also...how did How I Met Your Mother not come up in our three hours of conversation? Philip and I LOVE it, and just rewatched Season 1 on Saturday, and laughed and laughed and laughed. You can borrow our seasons 1 & 2, but Philip is a nazi about our stuff and will make you sign a paper like it is being checked out. He's kind of hardcore.
Hey, Emily: I've been gonna leave comments on several of your posts but I keep forgetting my password and now I must have about 30 google accounts. Anyway, I am SO certain we are related. Starting with the abject horror of spelling and grammar errors! Huge thing with me. Huge! And your most recent post about pulling up annuals. Holy cow. I never even told Mom about that. I always thank them (the pulled up flowers) for their efforts and putting on a good show. When I put them in the compost pile I have to make sure I can't see any of the blooms still left because it breaks my heart and I have to apologize to them again. It's the part of gardening that I really hate. I guess mom had some of it too, 'cause she couldn't get over how Neil could just ruthlessly yank stuff out when there was a suggestion of a bloom or bud left. Oh my, I've gone on too long here. Anyway, I enjoy the heck out of your posts. Love, aunt Dona
No, I don't feel like I just broke up with the old flowers, I feel like a murderess. And btw, talking to plants is highly recommended in these parts.
Yeah I also feel like plants have feelings. Also blankies and stuffed animals. Not that I sleep with them anymore but when I was little I would sleep with ALL of them...I didn't want anyone to feel left out.
Um, "Let's Go to the Mall" is like the greatest song ever, and then maybe it is like in season 3 or so that they bust out another music video of hers, and it was amazing. Also, Swarley was awesome, and when they called and asked for Swarles Barkley, I thought I was going to die laughing. Yeah, I haven't watched all of them in a while, but everything you mentioned was amazing. And yes, are we the only people in the world that watch it, because I'm pretty sure that you are the only other person that I've ever met that has seen it.
Hey! I've been to your blog before. And I've stalked you at work. So I guess I'm the creep now. Thank you for thinking my blog is rad. Also, thank you for watching the soup so you think I am funnier than I am. And yes, 17 Again will no doubt about it, 100%, absolutely win an Oscar. Probably.
P.S. Flowers don't have feelings. It's science.
I can't throw and plant out. Dave has to do it. I feel so bad.
Post a Comment