So, I have to drive like 203420938469384576 miles 4x a week for school. Basically, me and the 202 Loop are bff. After getting tired of the radio in 2 seconds, I thought of the GENIUS idea of listening to books on my ipod. It seriously saved me. And I've already busted out 3. Reviews are:
Okay, secret about me. I am obsessed with reading memoirs. But I'm really picky about them. A lot of them are all psychology-y and too serious. If I want to read a book about someone dying, I'll just watch a movie on Lifetime instead. This book is about the food critic for the NY Times and about his life. SO good!! And the author gets all describe-y about Italian food and how they made it and I loved it. Like the food network in book form.
Next:
So since I have a mac, there aren't very many audio books that are compatible with my computer. So, I can't be too picky. Hence, The Wizard of Oz. Movie's better, Judy Garland is awesome, but I did feel good reading a "classic."
And finally:
Okay, this book is SERIOUSLY out of control. The movie is good, but what I didn't know is that this guy/Leonardo DiCaprio did all his crazy swindling and stealing tons of money before he was 21 years old. Crazy. This guy has guts.
So, I've got 4 weeks left of school, so roughly 20 hours left of driving in the car. Next on my list:
I'm listening/reading this one next because this person read it last year and said it was one of the better ones she read last year. And she's pretty cool.




2 comments:
Hey, thanks for the shout out. Well, I stand by it. I liked it. Now, I think I am going to add Born round and Catch Me If You Can to my docket. Thanks for the tip.
Also, have you seen the trailer for Water For Elephants? I want to see it.
Hey Emily--I was wondering how your nurse nancy school was going. I fear the only one tardy thing would have washed me out right away. Also maybe the drivinggggggggggg. And if you ever snag Mike Rowe, I get to be a sister wife. Or maybe a granny wife. He sure is a babe. Anyhow, keep on keeping on. PS: Weenies? You give shots to weenies? I thought it was oranges. Hmmmm. love, aunt dona
Post a Comment