Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My Secret Shame

So, for starters, is anyone having trouble looking at blog comments or updating blogs in the evening? Because our really really lame computer only lets us look at comments when blogger isn't too "busy." Whatever. So, sorry that Julia has hijacked the blog. I have been working tons at my sanctuary aka Scrapbooks Etc. I will be hating life and in the worst mood on the whole entire planet and then when I walk into that air conditioned building, it is like my Mecca. I heart it big time.

Anyways, I know everyone has secret shames, and I was going to make one of mine public. The best thing about a lot of my secret shames is Daniel shared them all as well. This one may be one of the most embarrassing.... I, Emily, the 26 soon to be 27 year old, loves anything about sharks. I know, we are supposed to grow out of that phase at like age 12. But I still love them. What are my favorite movies? Jaws 1, 2, 3, and Jaws: The Revenge. Maybe Daniel and I had a marathon and watched them all in one day. Have I read all the books and seen all the other one star killer shark movies? Yes. Here is the evidence of our love, when we went to Universal Orlando, the Jaws ride was closed. Please see our sad muppet faces..



Anyways, my obsession with sharks grows in the month of July. Why, do you ask? Because it is the best event of all time, Shark Week on the Discovery Channel! So, if no one sees me during the last week of July, this is why. And maybe my love for Mike Rowe, the host of Dirty Jobs, makes me watch Discovery Channel more than any other channel. Yes, even MTV.

17 comments:

The Fletchies said...

I already had a sad party because shark week is July 25th through August 1st and I'll be at girls camp the 25th through the 27th. I already asked Devin to tape what I'll miss and he said no.

granny said...

Sharks! I never would have guessed. I love learning new things about my Jones daughters!

granny said...

P.S. Hope it isn't offensive to you that I called you my daughters! I love you kids! I probably should have put that in parentheses. Forgive me?!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Of course you can call us your daughters!!! We love it!

Sara! said...

I too love dirty jobs (MIKE ROWE!)It's great because Jason likes it and thinks that I'm watching it to see the dirty like him, but actually, Mike is charmingly hilarious and very attractive, especially once his shirt is sweaty and clingy. Maybe don't tell Jason.

Kirk and Aly said...

Okay, I thought I was the only one with a Mike Rowe fettish, but I'm glad Emily has gotten it out for us all!! Don't tell Kirk either. Kirk has a chain to count down the days until shark week, even though we will be gone. We will record it for you Laura! He also has a shark thing, and even though he doesn't read books, he has read every book the library has on sharks and can identify every different kind of shark. That's awesome!

angiedunn said...

Wow...you could be the funniest person ever. Mecca? Ha!! You kill me! Sharks? You kill me even more. Truly, I rank your blog among my ever-so favorite!

thegreatestshowonearth said...

Emily! I love your blog and have missed it dearly. Maybe I kind of am lacking a life here in Provo and I literally check your blog multiple times a day- I would say on average about 5 times a day- hoping & praying for an update. I also check Erica's & Laura's because they are also very entertaining. I was telling Amanda that we really should have an on-line book club. I am the def of nerd- i've read like 4 books in the last 2-3weeks and can not wait for Harry Potter or Twilight 3 to comeout! I re-read part of the last HP with my friend, maybe we read it out loud. Maybe I should be ashamed, but I am not. I also just convinced a friend to read Twilight and she did and is hot for Edward. I miss you & your blog!

MeL said...

Why is this shame so secret? I think it is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

you are HILARIOUS! i'm glad you like working at sb etc, cause we all love you too! um... the shark thing kills me! you are too funny! and yes about the trouble with blogger! sometimes, it won't show new posts or comments! err! like this one for instance, checked it last night, nothing new, this morning, boom, new post{which was actually publsihed yesterday}! the frustration...

Sara! said...

Oh, don't you worry, I HAVE watched Mean Girls like 12 times now and referenced the ESPN quote just yesterday. (I thought it might rain - just from the clouds, not my boobs.)

So, the HP shirt with silver and rhinestones...shopintuition.com. Unfortunately for me, it's $69, and I am incredibly, incredibly cheap and it says it takes 2-3 weeks to ship. If I pay that much for a shirt, I want it now!!

I still might get it, but probably not. If you get it, let me come hug it as the shirt I desperately wanted but didn't get.

PS. I'm glad you're back. Don't the crankies suck?!

KatieJ said...

Emily! I knew I saw you at Scrapbooks Etc. a couple weeks ago! I was waiting in your line and trying to decide if it was you but then another line looked shorter so I moved. I found you from Sarah's blog- if you remember me, Katie Pearson (now John) HELLO! I'm so sorry about your mom- I hope you are all doing well! It sounds like you are!

Sar said...

Emily, holy cow, I can barely get a word in edgewise on your blog! JK. . . you have a million comments on every single post! Anyway, I love reading your blog. You are so funny, and it is fun to get to know your personality again. I only know your highschool personality! Can't wait to get together and remember old times!!!

Rachel Hatch said...

I just saw the commercials for shark week the other night and literally gasped outloud. And your post made me have a fantasic idea...lets all get together for shark week! Every night! Or maybe we could just record them and do like a marathon. And then we can watch Planet Earth dvds. Please?

maelynn said...

Wow. this is so crazy! First, we have the itunes addiction in common. Now it's the sharks. I am obsessed also. Clark thinks I'm some sort of freak. The only thing about shark week is that I've usually seen all the shows they air! They are truly fascinating creatures! And---not that I ever scrapbook any more, but, it's fun to know you work at the best scrapbook store there is! Maybe I'll see you there some time! {Because even while NOT scrapbooking, it's still fun to buy more product you might never use!}
So how's that for a Way-too-long-of-a-comment that you'll never see cuz you have like a million others!!

Erica said...

No Emily, your blog is definitely the funniest. Shark Week! I'm so excited. Almost as excited as I was for Planet Earth. And I agree with Rachel, can we all please get together and watch the sharks be killers. And Ash -- I want to join the book club. I guess I need to read Twilight and find out what all the hype is about.

Case said...

sharks friek me out but i'm also so fascinated by them. YOu should read malia's blog...she also mentioned an upcoming shark show that i think you'd enjoy.