Sunday, March 30, 2008

The 00's

So my brother-in-law, Lee, and I have been having a contest as to who can keep their crappy POS phone the longest. We both have the same model and while they do work, they are little strugglers. Example: no camera phone, no speaker phone, no anything. Basically a rock with numbers carved in. So Lee got a new phone from his work (a Dash) and he took pity on me that I still had the caveman phone. So that little phone pimp bought me a new one! I told him I wouldn't make out with him, or put him in my phone as "favorite brother-in-law" but he still wanted to do it. So, my old phone..
These marks are where Genevieve the dog attacked my phone after I went into the house. She was ticked that I poured water on her because she wouldn't leave me alone. She=kind of smart.

And a picture of my new 2008 phone.

Very high tech. Now I can document for the world the amazing things I have seen. Like an MCC employee playing yo-yo instead of working in the library and two pinatas in a sexual situation at Wal-Mart. Amazing. But no worries, world. I haven't completely conformed to 2008 yet. My water bottle..
And my i-pod


And someone may have told me that my camera is from the 80's.


But little by little I will add to my little collection of technology..

13 comments:

Sara! said...

Congrats. The future is amazing.
SO, in response to your landscapingness, have you tried a chain saw? Borrow my dad's if your dad doesn't have one or two in the garage. They basically b-slap the plants into submission. It's awesome.

Rebecca said...

welcome to the 21st century.

shabbyscrapper said...

i heart, heart , heart your blog. it is always amazingly hilarious. i too find myself fighting the techno 00's.

i don't even own a cell phone and can't use one when i need to. my kids freakin laugh whenever i have to be instructed on cell phone use 101.

i do, however, have an i pod, and a pretty sexy camera. but when asked what kind it was (the camera) i replied, "it's black!". pretty great, huh?

sorry to hear about your landscape induced injuries. last time i mowed my lawn (aka using the weed-eater), the darn thing sent rocks flying every direction and i almost put out the window on my hubby's car! oops!

absolutely love working with you. miss you now that i have been moved to outer darkness..aka the new office! and i would still like to set you up with my nephew. he is awesome, makes real good money, and marches to his own drum...pretty much a male version of you. you guys would be so cute together. let me know!

shabbyscrapper said...

ps...ask mel and elise about my nephew, rusty. they were in the same ward back in the day!

Em said...

Look at you getting all technical. I don't know if the world is ready for you to have a camera on your cell phone. Can't wait to see the pics! See you Friday for Altered Connection!

Grandma Sue said...

Girls,

It was so fun to find your blog. It lets me know how and what you girls are up to.
I have just started a blog - but I am not sure what to do with it.

Love you all.

Aunt Sue

happyfamily said...

The dresses were mine when I was little. My sewing skills are not that mad.
I'm telling you this in a comment instead of a whole e-mail because I have nothing else to say in an e-mail except I like you.
Sarah

Case said...

well if it makes you feel any better about being behind in technology I just got an over draft fee today and I won't have an Ipod any sooner than kids in Africa will.

angiedunn said...

water bottle...hehe...um, you're funny. maybe i should visit the store more, so you can make me laugh.

Kirk and Aly said...

Join the crowd. You should see me try to text - and texting language?! I think I'm just too old for all of this new-age stuff! Whaa!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Sweet new phone! I didn't know you were into retro phones, you could have borrowed my dad's old cell phones that looked like a book and it zipped up inside of a bag.

HooHoo said...

Sweet peas, Emily. You're working too hard. They thrive on neglect!

Emily Kikuchi said...

Okay you have to check out Elizabeths blog on my list of links. I want to be her when I grow up!