So my awesome friend Tammy bought me a rice krispy treat from Pirates Fish & Chips on Saturday while I was at work. And while I was smelling my rice krispy treat and stating that it smelled like the fair (greasy and sweet at the same time), my friend Jamie told me I was a carny. It all falls into place now. My destiny in life!
Reasons why I am a carny:
Favorite foods:
Favorite place to go:


(The State Fair)Favorite books?:

(Really, really good and really sad. True story.)Book I have on hold from the library:
Favorite Disney movie:
In conclusion, if Bart and Homer can become carnies, so can I!!And this may be my favorite new blog.
And the motto for the rest of my life:
"Carnies are born, they can't be made. The Carnival Industry has always been made up of a certain type of person. That personality is a transient by nature, not materialistic, existing for the moment. These people do it for the love of it, they need to keep moving, dreaming, living just for this day, tomorrow comes tomorrow." - from my new favorite blog.
Wait, this one is even better.... "While all my friends were going to college…getting married…having kids…I was on the road…living in Carny land, seeing the country…living one day at a time." How does this blog person know me so well????
Here's another one: "I’ve been working on my resume, it’s a little tough, and what do I write? “Professional Carny”."
7 comments:
do you have small hands?
do you smell like cabbage?
I want to know what your act is or are you just going to operate a booth or a ride? I see you on a unicycle with a flower coming out of your head and a big red nose. Nice, huh?
ta-ta, Gaye
You are hilarious. I too am curious about what your role would be in the carnival.
Definitely my favorite post that you have EVER made!!!! By far!!!
Hi-llarious!
Will you please be the opperator of that ride that me,you and Cheryl went on like the night before she went on her mission and the ghetto traveling circus came to Provo Mall? The one that is a VERY fragile, barely stuck together with duct tape loop which we shockingly didn't die on.
will you punch me in the face if I suggest you become the next bearded woman?
Congrats on being a carny. Don't tell anyone, but you're my favorite carny cousin.
Jake
P.S. 4th of July parking arrangement was awe-inspiring. USA! USA! USA!
I LOVE THIS POST! A lot of people like greasy/sweet fair food but I had to laugh at all your circus books... and then the quotes....I might be riding your coat tails captain.
Post a Comment