Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Bubs!

So our little Julia Gulia is turning 17 today. 17? Where did the time go?? In honor of her, we will post the 17 things we love about Julia. And try not to copy last year's.

1. I know she is my sister for sure, but there are many "Jones" things that she hates. And she has to remind me all the time that she hates these things. Things Julia h8s that we LOVE: ketchup, cheetos, macaroni soup, the list goes on. Sometimes it hurts me that she hates the red beverage ketchup. Hurts.

2. Julia has way more friends than any of us did in high school. She is always texting boys (which we would NEVER talk to), going on dates, getting asked to dances. It's the high school experience we wish we had.

3. She kind of has it rough because she has 2834747 moms. But she is good about dealing with it.

4. She is really good with kids and rarely gets annoyed with her nieces. Even when she has to sit at the "fun" table.

5. She has WAY more style than any of us. She will totally wear things that I still can't do because I am afraid I would look stupid. But she does it and looks bomb.

6. She is always a good sport about everything and is getting quite professional about taking awesome pictures.
7. She loves awesome youtube videos:



and some more:



8. She loves to dress up for things. Like spirit days at school. Or hanging out with her friends on the weekends. Her favorite genre: 80's work-out.

9. Clearly she is way more spiritual than we are because she has 2 callings. Whoa.

10. She loves going to Girl's Camp/EFY. She would be an awesome EFY counselor.

11. She is really good at doing her hair/other people's and making it look awesome. I make her cut my bangs and love how she does it. And sometimes she has to use little kid giraffe scissors and it still works.

12. She has excellent customer service where she works. Even though people yell at her.

13. She has seen hardly any movies. Somehow whenever we watch them as a family/go to the movies, she is never around. She needs to sit down and watch like a million.

14. She is really hilarious. Maybe more hilarious than me. Example of her hilariousness via text:

Emily: So in church today, they encouraged us to hang out and visit our mom more. I guess I'm going to have to die so I can hang out with my mom.
Julia: Cool. Can we carpool?

Pure genius.

15. She's one of those people that super procrastinates things and then makes it amazing. That is a true talent that I don't have. Emily+pressure=not good times. Just ask anyone on the Break the Fast committee.

16. She loves cats but keeps it secret.

17. She loves reading books. And I love getting her the best ones ever and making her read them. ex. Sophie Kinsella books, The Devil Wears Prada, educational stuff like that.

17.a Next year, her 18th birthday and graduation are on the same day. We may already be planning the hugest party every!!

Happy Birthday Julia!!! We love you!!!!

7 comments:

The Fletchies said...

I LOVE BUBSY! and her obsession with cats. She licks their ears.

The Fletchies said...

And hisses like one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

sorry had to re-type my mispelled comment from like one sec ago-what i want to say is-your fam is amazingly funny & i can't stop lol-ing.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

the cat shame is a secret. rude. oh precious you're nice. love ya. -bubs

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

the cat shame is a secret. rude. oh precious you're nice. love ya. -bubs

ForeverSarahLee said...

So, your example of her hilariousness... That was hilare! She's good. Love it!

Also, that kitten video = creepy. I especially like the part where the creepy little girls voice says "I have to pee.... ('go down to his feet') Ppssss!" So strange!