Monday, June 9, 2008

Don't hate.


Okay, people, I know I am going to get a lot of flack from saying this (especially from the Mel Jones couzies). But Julia and I both read These Is My Words this week (aka I was 3/4 of the way through and Julia stole it from me). And we give the book a thumbs medium to thumbs down. Now just to back up our opinions, some things you should know about Julia and I:

1. We inherited our book reading obsession from the Sandra.
2. We will read truly anything. Back of the toothpaste box, comics, pure shiz.
3. We are not book snobs. Books we have read that we may be ashamed of reading: The Tale of Emily Windsnap, many Babysitters Club books, mormon soap opera books, the list goes on.

Therefore, we feel that our 2.25 star rating of These Is My Words is appropriate. Reasons it was not the best:
1. WAY too many coincidental run-ins. Didn't this book happen in the humongous AZ territories??? And they didn't have cars, therefore they must have magically ran into some of the same people (Jack Elliott) all the time somehow.
2. Emily read the last page which gave away the ending. Then she didn't want to read it anymore.
3. Both Julia and I agree after Sarah and Jack get married, boredsville.

However, will we read at least one of the sequels? Most likely yes.

3 comments:

MeL said...

Shun. Unshun, I'd love for you to be my patient on a Tuesday. I have June 17th available, but not another Tuesday after that (for me to finish) until July 8th. If you wanted appointments two weeks in a row, or closer together, we can start sometime in July. Let me know, I have my schedule with me at all times so that I can obsess over it often. Shun.

amanda p. said...

seriously i hate yo for not loving jack. I mean it with all my heart when I say that I love him more that edward. ps- from the preview, I think Edward is going to be a STUPID emo kid.... no offense emos :)

Kirk and Aly said...

I know I'm commenting way too late on this, but... I hate you for not loving this book! I called Kirk Captain Jack Elliot for like a week after I read this book. I don't think we can be related now. Sorry!

BTW - I do love any James Patterson book, they're just PG-13 enough to keep you hooked. Maybe we can be related.